More contributions to the Covid-19 Relief Fund
21 January 2021 | State House
It was a busy morning for State House as more donors came to present their contribution to the Covid-19 Relief Fund in order to show their support for the vaccination programme that the country is engaged in. The President of the Republic, H.E Wavel Ramkalawan met with each donor not only to receive their contribution, but also to engage with them on their plight at this time.
The donations came from the following:
- JHL Group Pty Ltd Amirante Fisheries: 220 Thousand Seychelles Rupees
- H Savy Insurance: 1 Million Seychelles Rupees
- Ramani Charitable Foundation: 175 Thousand Seychelles Rupees
- Grocers Supermarket: 125 Thousand Seychelles Rupees
- All Weather Builders: 200 Thousand Seychelles Rupees
- Seychelles Football Federation: 1 Million Seychelles Rupees
- Mahe Shipping: 1 Million Seychelles Rupees
- BESTWAY: 100 Thousand Seychelles Rupees
- ADAM MOOSA: 100 Thousand Seychelles Rupees
- KW Investments Limited: 10 Thousand US Dollars
- NOU LABOUTIK: 100 Thousand Seychelles Rupees
The President commended the donors for the extraordinary response so far.
“There is a new sense of solidarity in the country and this should help us surmount the economic difficulties we are facing at the moment. Now, more than ever, we should unite as a country in order to get through the present difficulties. The National COVID-19 Immunisation Campaign is an important milestone in achieving that,” said the President.
On their part, the donors congratulated the government for forging ahead with the vaccination programme to ensure the population is protected and expressed the hope that economic activities would resume at the soonest for the best interest of Seychelles.