Donors respond to President Ramkalawan’s call to support the National COVID-19 Immunisation Programme
19 January 2021 | State House
Numerous donors have heeded to the call made by the President of the Republic, H.E Wavel Ramkalawan by donating to the COVID-19 Relief Fund in support of Government's efforts to implement the National COVID-19 Immunisation Programme and to mitigate the spread of the virus in the Country.
This morning, Tuesday 19 January, many were present at State House to formally present their contributions to the Head of State.
The contributions made were from the following:
- Seychelles Breweries Limited: 1 MillionSeychelles Rupees.
- Chez Deenu Group through the K.D. Pillay Soundaravally Foundation: 100 Thousand Seychelles Rupees.
- Sacos Insurance Group: 300 Thousand Seychelles Rupees.
- Joseph Albert Family Foundation: 1 Million Seychelles Rupees
- Green Island Construction Company (GICC): 100 Thousand US Dollars
- Grand Kaz Entertainment: 200 Thousand Seychelles Rupees
- Tickmill Limited (Offshore Company): 10 Thousand US Dollars
- Jj Spirit Foundation: 10 Million Seychelles rupees
The President thanked the donors for their generous contributions towards the campaign. He applauded their solidarity with the country and the people of Seychelles in the current COVID-19 pandemic.
“I am profoundly grateful for all the contributions we have received today. It is especially heartwarming to see our fellow brothers and sisters coming together as a country to support one another during this global pandemic that is affecting our people and our economy. All contributions will definitely be put to good use as we intensify our immunisation programme through the National COVID-19 Vaccine Campaign and in mitigating the spread of COVID-19. My wish is for everyone to resume their normal life, for our country to become economically stable again and for us to move forward as a nation,” said President Ramkalawan.
All donors expressed their concern vis a vis the present situation that Seychelles, as a small island nation is facing and highlighted the importance for them to come forward and support the country’s efforts to meet the expenses relating to combating the pandemic in the country. They also took the opportunity to convey words of encouragement for the staff at the Ministry of Health for the phenomenal work they are doing and other stakeholders who, in one way or another are giving a helping hand to protect the lives of citizens and support the country.